Automatic Transfer Switch Options What's This?
An automatic transfer switch (aka ATS) is a required component in your automatic backup power system. Click to see full description.
Battery: Group 51, 6VSG, 8/10/12RESV(L), 14/20 kW Starting at $95.00 MSRP*
Power your generator engine with a reliable 12-volt battery. Generators ship without batteries to ensure that the freshest possible battery is installed at the jobsite.
Our generators for backup power provide reliability and performance. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 10 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on.* OnCue® Plus Generator Management System is standard with every RESV or RESVL generator.
High Quality Power.Kohler generators provide advanced voltage and frequency regulation along with ultra-low levels of harmonic distortion for excellent generator power quality to protect your valuable electronics.
Powerful.Exclusive PowerBoost™ technology provides excellent starting power.
Reliable.Kohler is known for extraordinary reliability and performance and backs that up with a 5-year or 2000 hour limited warranty.
EnclosureBold new Kohler design in steel, dipped in e-coat for extra corrosion protection and painted with a durable powder coat finish.
Remote MonitoringEvery 10RESV comes standard with OnCue® Plus, our remote monitoring system, which gives you peace of mind at home no matter where you are in the world.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 10RESV at 16.8kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Series 7000 V-twin engine with efficient OHV design. operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with Programmable Interface Module (PIM) and RXT, RDT and RSB Automatic Transfer Switches
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
- Sold only in select channels
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Accepts natural gas fuel pressure as low as 3.5 inches
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Meets 181 mph wind rating
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, simple terminal block for easy field connections. Kohler also offers concrete mounting pads to lower installation costs and time.
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 10 kW Rated kW NG 9 kW Amps LP 41.7 amps Amps NG 37.5 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 16.8 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 725 cm³ (44 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 18 HP, LP 21.4 HP Enclosure Material Steel Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 67 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 71 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings EPA|CSA|cUL|UL 2200 Automatic Transfer Switch Included No Remote Monitoring Available Included Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 428 lbs. (194 kg) Alternator Type 2-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 120 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 52 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement V-2 Dimensions 777 mm x 712 mm x 824 mm (30.6 in. x 28 in. x 32.4 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model KT725 1.9L, 4-Cycle Engine/Alternator RPM 3600 Fuel Type Natural Gas|LPG Frequency 60 Hz Phase Single Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad Yes