Automatic Transfer Switch Options What's This?
An automatic transfer switch (aka ATS) is a required component in your automatic backup power system. Click to see full description.
Battery: Group 51, 6VSG, 8/10/12RESV(L), 14/20 kW Starting at $95.00 MSRP*
Power your generator engine with a reliable 12-volt battery. Generators ship without batteries to ensure that the freshest possible battery is installed at the jobsite.
Popular generators for backup power, with an automatic transfer switch included. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 20 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on.*
Reliable.Every KOHLER® generator is equipped with a heavy-duty, commercial-grade engine that stands up to extreme weather.
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power to a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air condition, major appliances and electronics.*
Premium warranty.We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and a corrosion-proof enclosure that's built to last.
Award winner.KOHLER generators have received several awards, including the Most Valuable Product (MVP) Award 2010 by Building Products magazine.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 14RCAL at 33kVA at 240V and 20RCAL at 41kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, and Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- Comes with either an RXT 100-amp indoor-rated automatic transfer switch with 16-circuit load center or an RXT 200-amp outdoor-rated service entrance rated automatic transfer switch with load shed kit
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Stylish corrosion-proof enclosure impact tested to -30°F
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, simple terminal block for easy field connections. Kohler also offers concrete mounting pads to lower installation costs and time.
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 20 kW Rated kW NG 18 kW Amps LP 83 amps Amps NG 75 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 41 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 999 cm³ (61 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 27.1 HP, LP 30.9 HP Enclosure Material Aluminum Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 64 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 69 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings CSA|UL 2200|cUL|EPA Automatic Transfer Switch Included Yes Remote Monitoring Available Included Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 600/611 lbs. (272/277 kg) Alternator Type 2-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 161 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 82 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement V-2 Dimensions 1193 mm x 666 mm x 817 mm (47 in. x 26.2 in. x 32.2 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model CH740 Engine/Alternator RPM 3600 Fuel Type Natural Gas|LPG Frequency 60 Hz Phase Single Phase or Three Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240|277/480 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad Yes