Automatic Transfer Switch Options What's This?
An automatic transfer switch (aka ATS) is a required component in your automatic backup power system. Click to see full description.
Battery: Group 26 - 8.5-30 kW Starting at $95.00 MSRP*
Power your generator engine with a reliable 12-volt battery. Generators ship without batteries to ensure that the freshest possible battery is installed at the jobsite.
Affordable, commercial-grade power for basic power needs. When a bad storm or utility failure knocks out your power, the 12RES KOHLER® generator keeps your lights on, fridge cold and sump pump working. This generator will power most appliances in smaller homes, or a few critical items in larger homes.*
Reliable.Inside this generator is a commercial-grade engine built to withstand extreme workloads year after year.
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power to your heat or AC as well as appliances and electronics.*
Premium warranty.We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection and a steel enclosure that's built to last.
Flexible.Fits both standby and off-grid applications for the ultimate versatility while saving the battery with hibernating controller capability
Money Saver.No pricey concrete pad needed. Your contractor – and your wallet – will appreciate the built-in mounting pad and easy-to-connect terminal block.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides the power to start large loads without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity to start and run a typical 4 ton air conditioner while still running other home appliances and electronics
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- ADC-RES Advanced Digital Control designed for today's sophisticated electronics
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Steel enclosure with automotive-grade paint for advanced corrosion protection
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including built-in base that eliminates need for concrete mounting pad and simple terminal block for easy field connections
Rated kW LP 12 kW Rated kW NG 10.4 kW Amps LP 50 amps Amps NG 43 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 32 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 0.725 L (44 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 20.5 HP, LP 23.6 HP Enclosure Material Steel Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 65 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 65 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings CARB|UL 2200|EPA Automatic Transfer Switch Included Sold Separately Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup|Off Grid Weight 400 lbs. (182 kg) Alternator Type 2-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 124 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 60 cfh Controller ADC-RES Controller Cylinder Arrangement V-2 Dimensions 1123 mm x 726 mm x 804 mm (44.2 in. x 28.6 in. x 31.6 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model CH740 Engine/Alternator RPM 3600 Fuel Type LP|Natural Gas Frequency 60 Hz|50 Hz Phase Single Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.5% Built in Mounting Pad Yes