Automatic Transfer Switch Options What's This?
An automatic transfer switch (aka ATS) is a required component in your automatic backup power system. Click to see full description.
Battery: Group 51, 6VSG, 8/10/12RESV(L), 14/20 kW Starting at $95.00 MSRP*
Power your generator engine with a reliable 12-volt battery. Generators ship without batteries to ensure that the freshest possible battery is installed at the jobsite.
Our most popular generators for backup power provide award-winning reliability and performance. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 14/20 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on. Now also available in 3 phase.*
Reliable.Every KOHLER® generator is equipped with a heavy-duty, commercial-grade engine that stands up to extreme weather.
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power to a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air conditioner, major appliances and electronics.*
Premium warranty.We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and a corrosion-proof enclosure that's built to last.
Award winner.KOHLER generators have received several awards, including the Most Valuable Product (MVP) Award 2010 by Building Products magazine.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 14RCA at 33kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, and Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Stylish corrosion-proof enclosure impact tested to -30°F
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, simple terminal block for easy field connections. Kohler also offers concrete mounting pads to lower installation costs and time.
- Model 14RCA approved for off-grid applications with 18-month/1000-hour off-grid warranty
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 14 kW Rated kW NG 12 kW Amps LP 58 amps Amps NG 50 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 33 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 725 cm³ (44 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 20.5 HP, LP 23.6 HP Enclosure Material Aluminum Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 63 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 67 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings cUL|EPA|CSA|UL 2200 Automatic Transfer Switch Included Sold Separately Remote Monitoring Available Included Off Grid Warranty 18-month/1000-hour for off-grid applications Off Grid / Utility Backup Off Grid|Utility Backup Weight 440 lbs. (200 kg) Alternator Type 2-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 124 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 60 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement V-2 Dimensions 1193 mm x 666 mm x 817 mm (47 in. x 26.2 in. x 32.2 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model CH740 Engine/Alternator RPM 3600 Fuel Type LPG|Natural Gas Frequency 60 Hz Phase Single Phase or Three Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240|277/480 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad Yes