Reliable power for large residential or small business needs. When the power goes out during a bad storm or power failure, your 24 kW KOHLER® generator with industrial-grade engine keeps your home or business – from central air to sump pump to personal computers – up and running.*
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power and keeps you connected to the things you love to do.
Smart.You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
Premium warranty.We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and an aluminum enclosure that's built to last.
Quiet.Neighborhood-friendly, with weekly exercise volume that's similar to a normal conversation.
Innovative.This generator's patent-pending innovations include a three-fan, automotive-style cooling system that keeps the sound level down.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- Powerful operation on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); the 24RCL provides 100 amps on LPG and 87 amps on natural gas.
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity, with 24RCL at 37kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with extremely low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics and appliances
- Powered by Kohler KG2204 industrial-grade engine with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed 1800 rpm
- Compatible with OnCue® Plus and optional OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, Programmable Interface Module (PIM) and Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit (LCM or Load Shed Kit compatible with single phase generators only).
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 61 dBA at full speed and 54 dBA at exercise (normal conversation level)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure is standard
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, Programmable Interface Module (PIM) and Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit (LCM or Load Shed Kit compatible with single phase generators only).
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 24 kW Rated kW NG 21 kW Amps LP 100 amps Amps NG 87 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 59 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 2.2 L (134.25 cu. in.) Horsepower NG 36 HP, LP 40 HP Enclosure Material Aluminum Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 54 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 61 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings EPA|CSA|UL 2200 Automatic Transfer Switch Included Sold Separately Remote Monitoring Available Sold Separately Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 1260 lbs. (572 kg) Alternator Type 4-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 199 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 84 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement Inline-4 cylinder Dimensions 1880 mm x 836 mm x 1169 mm (74 in. x 32.9 in. x 46.0 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model KG2204, 2.2L, 4-Cycle, Natural Aspiration Engine/Alternator RPM 1800 Fuel Type LPG|Natural Gas Frequency 50 Hz|60 Hz Phase Single Phase or Three Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad No