Reliable power for large residential or small business needs. When the power goes out during a bad storm or power failure, your 60 kW KOHLER® generator with industrial-grade engine keeps your home or business – from central air to sump pump to personal computers – up and running.*
Powerful.In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power and keeps you connected to the things you love to do.
Smart.You get steady, high-quality power that protects your electronics from damage related to low-quality power sources.
Premium warranty.We’ve got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and an aluminum enclosure that’s built to last.
Quiet.Neighborhood-friendly, with weekly exercise volume that's similar to a normal conversation.
Innovative.This generator's patent-pending innovations include a three-fan, automotive-style cooling system that keeps the sound level down.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- Powerful operation on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); the 60RCLA provides 242 amps on natural gas and 250 amps on LPG
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity, with 60RCL at 144kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with extremely low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics and appliances
- Powered by Kohler KG6208 industrial-grade engine with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed 1800 rpm
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- RDC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 61 dBA at full speed and 61 dBA at exercise (normal conversation level)
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum enclosure is standard
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, including simple terminal block for easy field connections
*Based on generator and load size.
Rated kW LP 60 kW Rated kW NG 58 kW Amps LP 250 amps Amps NG 242 amps Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V 144 kVa Alternator Note All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available. Displacement 6.2 L (378 cu. In.) Horsepower 103 HP Enclosure Material Aluminum Sound Output During Weekly Exercise 57 dB(A) Sound Output During Full-speed Operation 61 dB(A) Response Time 10 seconds Warranty Premium five-year limited warranty Country of Origin US Certifications/Listings CSA|EPA|UL 2200 Automatic Transfer Switch Included No Remote Monitoring Available Yes Off Grid / Utility Backup Utility Backup Weight 1894 lbs. (859 kg) Alternator Type 4-Pole, Rotating Field Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load? 493 cfh Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load? 191 cfh Controller RDC2 Controller Cylinder Arrangement V-8 Dimensions 2280 mm x 836 mm x 1182 mm (89.8 in. x 32.9 in. x 46.5 in.) Engine Manufacturer/Description KOHLER Engine Model KG6208, 6.2L, Natural Aspiration Engine/Alternator RPM 1800 Fuel Type LPG|Natural Gas Frequency 60 Hz|50 Hz Phase Single Phase or Three Phase Voltage @ 60 Hz 120/240 Digital Voltage Regulation ±1.0% Built in Mounting Pad No